Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My First Find

 Ok, I've never done this before (Blogging), so just bare with me. This all started in 2003 one early Sunday morning. My wife and I said to each other "hey let's go for a ride around the neighborhood". We came across a yard sale and decided to stop. I started to look around and I saw this big, old trunk. I opened it and I saw a label that said "Louis Vuitton 1880" and I became curious so I asked my wife "Doesn't Louis Vuitton make purses?" and she said "yes" so I asked her if she cared if I bought it, and she said "NO" I definitely don't want this big trunk in my house!

So I went with my guts and went to ask the guy how much he wanted for the trunk. He said $50 it's very old. I offered him $35, and he told me "they used to use the trunks to put Louis Vuitton bags in it" He accepted my offer of $35 and I bought it.

I didn't know anything about it at the time. When I got home I checked on ebay and I was stunned to see such large price tags. So, I brought it to an appraiser at a local auction house of ours and they valued my trunk at around $6,500 in the condition it was in!!

That's how I got hooked on antiques and collectables.








Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Continue to trust your gut and keep your eyes open! Congrats on the great silver find too. Looking forward to more posts of more treasures you find.

    Warmly,

    L.C.

    ReplyDelete